Start your vacation in Honduras with Honduras.com
Welcome to the Country of Honduras by Honduras.com.
Here you will find everything about vacationing and travelling in Honduras! We are your complete resource for information about the country of Honduras…Go Beyond the Guidebook® with Honduras.com.
So, you’ve been itching for a vacation and heard some great things about the country of Honduras. This travel guide is the place to start.
We have begun with the Honduras Travel section, which outlines places you might want to visit and activities that you may decide to try.
Also available in this travel guide are travel reviews of various areas to vacation in Honduras, so that you can make an informed choice. Naturally, you will need to get here first, hence, the Honduras Airports, Airlines and Flights section.
Services that you may need during your Vacation in Honduras include knowing the Lempira Exchange Rate for your money (Lempiras are the Honduran currency), a location of embassies, cell phone providers in case you need to activate yours, and so on.
Once you begin your vacation in Honduras, you may find yourself wanting to know more about the country. Honduras Facts provides Honduras history, what dates we consider holidays, an interactive map, and more. Your vacation in Honduras is not complete without sampling Honduran food. Find out what a typical Honduran meal consists of, what type of music Hondurans like, or scroll through photos of Honduras.
Photos of Honduras
We hope this sampling of what Honduras.com has to offer peaks your interest. To Go Beyond the Guidebook® and learn more about the country of Honduras, visit the Home page of the Honduras.com website.
Thank you for starting your vacation in Honduras with us!
The Best Honduras Travel and Vacation Tips
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in Copan
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in Comayagua
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in La Ceiba
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in Roatan
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in San Pedro Sula
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in Siguatepeque
Best Travel and Vacation Spots in Tegucigalpa
Padi information as well as a general how to and where to stay while scuba diving in Honduras along with detailed Honduras Dive Shop courses to achieve certification on the Bay Islands.
Latest Honduras Travel Guide Updates:
Travel to see the Lenca Heritage of La Esperanzaa
Travel to the Colonial Town of Comayagua
Travel to the Attractions of Puerto Cortes
Travel to see the Wonders of Lake Yojoa
Travel to Choluteca
Travel to Omoa for Variety
Honduras Travel and Vacation Destinations
For your convenience while planning your travel needs, vacation, or just a quick weekend getaway to one of the many tourist spots; use our convenient online fare and availability as well as flight schedules tools.
You may use the following tool custom developed for Honduras.com. A widget to find your available options for all the Honduras flights within the country and you will instantly be able to see the schedules, fares and book them using “Paypal” or any major credit card.
Here is Travel information planning including flights, travel time, lay overs, Travel Tips and more from the US and other Countries around the world!
Below are flight planners for various hot destinations in Honduras:
The easiest way to reach Guanaja is by air. air viva offers daily flights from La Ceiba and Tegucigalpa.
Currently the airstrip of Copan is closed for maintanance. It is not sure yet, when it is re-opened. Check on air viva for flights and information.
air viva connects La Ceiba with Roatan, Brus Laguna, Guanaja, Puerto Lempira, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Utila and Wampusirpi. Fares start from $67, all taxes included. You can book them online at air viva’s website.
air viva offers flights between La Ceiba and Roatan, Tegucigulpa and 6 more destinations.
air viva offres daily direct flights between Puerto Lempira and La Ceiba and Tegucigalpa.
air viva offers several flights from Roatan to La Ceiba, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa and Utila.
San Pedro Sula
Flights are offered by air viva between San Pedro Sula and Guanaja, La Ceiba, Roatan, Tegucigalpa and Utila.
air viva offers daily flights between the capitol and Guanaja, La Ceiba, Puerto Lempira, Roatan, San Pedro Sula and Utila. If you arrive with an international flight, you should at least calculate 2-3 hour connection time as you have to pick up your luggage and chek it in again.
Utila is well connected with the most important destinations in Honduras. Traveling by air, air viva offers daily flights to La Ceiba, Roatan, San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa.
air viva connects Wampusirpi with La Ceiba. Flights are available online.
See you soon, Honduras the small country that has it all!
Latest Honduras Travel Advisory
Health Related Items to Bring With You when you Travel to Honduras
Medicines you may need:
- The prescription medicines you take every day. Make sure you have enough to last during your trip. Keep them in their original prescription bottles and always in your carry-on luggage. Be sure to follow security guidelines, if the medicines are liquids.
- Antimalarial drugs, if traveling to a malaria-risk area in Honduras and prescribed by your doctor.
- Medicine for diarrhea, usually over-the-counter.
Note: Some drugs available by prescription in the US are illegal in other countries. Check the US Department of State Consular Information Sheets for the country(s) you intend to visit or the embassy or consulate for that country(s). If your medication is not allowed in the country you will be visiting, ask your health-care provider to write a letter on office stationery stating the medication has been prescribed for you.
Other items you may need:
- Iodine tablets and portable water filters to purify water if bottled water is not available. See A Guide to Water Filters, A Guide to Commercially-Bottled Water and Other Beverages, and Safe Food and Water for more detailed information.
- Sunblock and sunglasses for protection from harmful effects of UV sun rays. See Basic Information about Skin Cancer for more information.
- Antibacterial hand wipes or alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- To prevent insect/mosquito bites, bring:
- Lightweight long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and a hat to wear outside, whenever possible.
- Flying-insect spray to help clear rooms of mosquitoes. The product should contain a pyrethroid insecticide; these insecticides quickly kill flying insects, including mosquitoes.
- Bed nets treated with permethrin, if you will not be sleeping in an air-conditioned or well-screened room and will be in malaria-risk areas. For use and purchasing information, seeInsecticide Treated Bed Nets on the CDC malaria site. Overseas, permethrin or another insecticide, deltamethrin, may be purchased to treat bed nets and clothes.
See other suggested over-the-counter medications and first aid items for a travelers’ health kit.
Contact your Embassy; Foreign Embassies in Honduras along with Contacts and telephone Numbers.
Honduras Face Book Page portal for up to date travel, news, weather and general Honduras information.