to bring on our lowland forest and rafting expeditions
- This list is designed to meet
all you needs, and ensure that you are not overburdened with
gear that you will are unlikely to use. We strongly advise
clients not to bring more than 25 lbs. or 12kg of personal items
because sometimes you will have to carry these in your back pack.
Think carefully before including items that are not in the list
On all La Moskitia Ecoaventuras
expeditions, a back-country first aid kit is carried.
- Essential medicines ( e.g.
ventilator for asthmatics and adrenaline (EpiPen) in the case
of known anaphylactic shock allergic reactions)
- Sleeping pad (if you use a
Thermarest or other inflatable pad, remember to bring a repair
kit for it)
- Sleeping bag liner or one made
of a sheet
- Light hiking boots (rubber
- Teva type amphibious sandals
for rafting and walking on rocks, tennis shoes also work.
- Ponchos/breathable raingear
- Sun glasses, recommended with
restraining strap (e.g. Chums or similar)
- Sun hat or baseball cap
- Light fast drying clothing
i.e. synthetic long pants (lycra works well), long-sleeve and
T-shirts, shorts, socks and bathing suits.
- Insect repellent and sun-block
- Flashlight/headlamp with spare
batteries and bulbs
- Personal snacks
- Prophylactic medicines against
- Water bottle, at least 1 litre
- Camera (water resistant type
recommended) and sufficient film
- Medium sized back pack to carry
- Small dry bag, or bin liner
to ensure clothes stay dry in back pack
- Life and accident insurance